Booking Terms and Conditions
bePilates schedules and terms are subject to change from time to time. We last updated this page on 5 September 2016. You can request a printed copy of these terms from reception at any time.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service by posting updated terms on our website. Your continued use of our services/studio facilities after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of any new Terms of Service.
It is your responsibility to review this Agreement from time to time for changes.
Please note that our building is currently undergoing renovation and there may be from time to time noise associated with these works, which is completely out of our control or ability to schedule. Your lessons will not be affected and our teachers will ensure that you are always having a great workout. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Booking Your Lessons
- In order to book your private or group class sessions, you will need to create an account with our online booking system. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are responsible for the any activity that occurs on your account and your password is your responsibility.
- All private and group class sesssions must be booked and paid in advance via our online booking system.
- You are booking "our time" which means that you will only be able to book your sessions per studio availability.
- Our studio is open Mon-Sat by appointment only. This means that if you'd like to stop by the studio to meet us and talk about your practice, it is best to call in advance to ensure that someone is in to greet you.
- Registration for all classes/sessions closes 2hrs before the class/lesson start time. If you would like to book a class or session with us, please make sure that you book in advance.
- If you have booked your Internet Session with us, please contact us at least 1 day before the session for an initial call to ensure that everything is set up correctly (microphone, camera, etc).
- Due to the small number of clients in our classes, we do not accept drop-ins.
No Shows & Late Arrivals
- When you make a booking, it will be treated as used whether or not you attend the session if you gave us less than 24hrs to cancel or reschedule your booking.
- Please arrive on time for your class. All classes are structured with a warm-up, to prepare your body for the workout and to help avoid injury. If you are more than 10 minutes late, you will not be able to join the class, and your booking will be treated as a late cancellation. Due to health and safety regulations, there are absolutely no exceptions.
- When you purchase a session or package of sessions you are paying for the session, and not the teacher. In some instances (emergencies), we may have to change the instructor with/without notice.
- We cannot guarantee specific equipment will be available for your private or duet lessons. If you prefer, for example a reformer workout, please let us know at time of booking so that we can try to accommodate your request.
- We may increase our prices at any time. We will give you no less than 14 days notice of such increase by updating our website, our newsletter, social media sites and notice in-studio.
- We may at any time, choose to withdraw a type of session, price option or promotion.
- Please note the expiration of your purchase. As of 5 September 2016, all purchases will be valid for 3-months and must be used during that time. There are no extensions/refunds on any lessons purchased but not used before their expiration.
- All sessions can be booked per teacher availability and we will do our best to accommodate preferred session times but in some cases, this may not be possible (especially during peak times or holiday periods). You will not be entitled to any refund for the remaining sessions on your account, especially if your package is valid for a sufficient amount of time during which we can accommodate your sessions. To avoid losing pre-purchased sessions, please book at time of purchase.
- All clients with recurring lessons must keep a valid card on file, which will be charged to secure future sessions. We will let you know when you have two sessions remaining of your current package, via email from our booking system. You can also check your account online at any time to see how many sessions you have remaining. If you do not let us know otherwise, we will charge your card at the rate of the single session.
- When making your booking, please remember you need to give us 24hrs notice to cancel your session without charge. You may cancel or reschedule via our online booking system.
- We are not able to act on cancellations received via email.
- If you give us 24hrs notice, you will not be charged for your session and it will be posted back to your account.
- If you neglect to give us 24hrs notice to cancel or reschedule your booking, it will be treated as having been used, whether or not you attend, and you will not be entitled to a refund or to reschedule.
- Please do not come in to practice if you are un-well. It won't help you get better (plus working out when you have a cold or flu can sometimes prolong your symptoms and make you feel worse). If we are able to accommodate your late cancel request with no charge in this instance, we will. We encourage you to cancel your session per our 24hr policy at the first instance of cold/flu to avoid being charged and if you are feeling better, just re-book!
- bePilates reserves the right to cancel any class that does not have any registrants when registration closes, 2hrs before class start time.
- In case we have to deal with technical problems and poor Internet connection we reserve the right to cancel any Internet session. We will contact you to let you know in advance where this occurs, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- If we have to cancel your session, for any reason (such as instructor illness or emergency), we will do our best to give you advance notice and in such instances, your purchase will be available to use for another booking and the expiry date of that session will be extended 30 days. It is your responsibility to make sure we have the best way to contact you to notify you of cancellations.
- If we experience any technical problems during the Internet session which will prevent us from continuing it, we reserve the right to rebook the session for another day. However, you will only be given the amount of time remaining from your interrupted session. For example: your session got interrupted 20 mins after the start, you will only be given 30 mins for your next session.
- Our booking system generates emails/messages that remind you of your booking. We are not able to receive cancellation instructions sent to replies to these messages. Should you wish to cancel your session/booking with us, we kindly ask that you follow instructions above per our cancellation policy to avoid being charged.
- You cannot transfer unused sessions or bookings without our permission. Please, just ask us. Such permission will not be unreasonably withheld.
- No refunds or extensions will be given for expired classes or packages.
- No refunds will be given for any un-used portions of pre-paid package purchases. We are selling packages to you in good faith that you will complete them. To ensure you use your entire package, we ask that you book your classes/sessions in advance.
Teacher Training Courses & Workshops
**These terms and conditions apply only to continuing education courses/workshops at bePilates. Terms and conditions for our apprenticeship/mentorship training are included in our student handbook, which applicants will receive prior to booking their training with us.**
Booking Your Course/Workshop
- All courses/workshops must be paid in full & booked no less than 1-week from course/workshop start date.
- All course/workshop manuals will be provided on the first date of your course/workshop and are only available to those who attend. Any additional materials will be provided electronically by bePilates.
- Please ensure you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure that you receive important information about your course/workshop
- You must attend the entire course/workshop to receive your certificate of completion and attendance alone does not denote an automatic pass.
Purchasing Your Course/Workshop
- All courses/workshops must be paid in full & booked no less than 1-week from course/workshop start date.
- Please note that your purchase confirms your booking on a specific course and does not carry over to future purchases. If you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, please see our policies below.
- All purchases expire 3-months from purchase and must be used within that time. There are absolutely no extensions.
- You will receive a full refund minus administrative fee (£66) if written notice of cancellation is received 30 days or more before course/workshop start date.
- If your written notice of cancellation is received less than 30 days but more than 7, you will receive a partial refund (50% of fees paid).
- If your written notice of your cancellation is received less than 7 calendar days prior to the start of the course, you are not entitled to any refund.
- A no-show on the day of the course will be considered a late cancellation and results in no refund
- We require a minimum of 3 registered learners per course for it to run and will notify you no less than 1-week before the start date, should we need to cancel due to low participation.
- bePilates reserves the right to cancel any course or workshop, in which all fees will be refunded in full.
- In the event of course or workshop cancellation, bePilates is not responsible for any hotel, airline or transportation fees.
Tutors agree to:
- work within our agreed timetable and start/finish times
- inform you of the purpose and process for each session
- use training resources that maximise your learning
- provide positive opportunities to contribute to your learning, via questions, comments and feedback
- inform you of the health, safety and operational rules in relation to the premises and equipment
- offer individual support and guidance in relation to any assessment criteria
- adhere to our Equal Opportunities Policy
Learners agree to:
- attend all sessions as timetabled
- attend all sessions on time
- bring all necessary paperwork, activities and prepared home study tasks
- wear suitable clothing for the timetabled activity
- actively participate with colleagues as instructed by the tutor
- take responsibility for their own learning by communicating their progress with the tutor
- ask for help and guidance as and when required
- behave responsibly towards others, selves and the venue in respect of Health, Safety and Operations rules
- adhere to the Equal Opportunities Policy
- adhere to their professional body’s Code of Ethics (REPS, PMA, etc.), if applicable
Limitation of Liability
You will receive a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) and Informed Consent on your first visit to the studio, which you must complete before you can participate in any class, event, activity, course, workshop or other programme with bePilates or studio facilities. Using bePilates studio facilities and equipment, you hereby acknowledge on behalf of yourself, your heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns that there are certain, inherent risks and dangers when taking part in exercise. You acknowledge that you have voluntarily chosen to participate in a programme of physical exercise, and that the body's response to such exercise cannot always be predicted. You acknowledge that these risks cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. You further acknowledge that the specific risks vary from activity to activity but range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises and sprains; (2) minor injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, concussions; and (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. You acknowledge that bePilates strongly recommends that you consult with your physician prior to commencing your practice with us and failure to do so, is your responsibility. You will notify us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your physical condition and complete an updated PAR-Q. Failure to notify us of any changes to your condition that may put you at risk of injury is your responsibility. At all times, you will comply with all stated customary terms, posted safety signs and verbal rules given to you by instructors and staff. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and access the bePilates studio facilities, you hereby (1) agree to assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by you in relation to the bePilates classes and studio facilities, (2) release, indemnify and hold harmless bePilates and their respective members, employees, representatives and agents and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to participation in bePilates classes or use of bePilates studio facilities, and (3) represent that you (a) have no medical or physical condition that would prevent you from properly using any of bePilates classes and studio facilities, (b) do not have a physical or mental condition that would put you in any physical or medical danger and (c) have not been instructed by a physician no to participate in physical exercise. You acknowledge that if you have any chronic disabilities or conditions, you are at risk in participating in bePilates classes and/or using studio facilities and do so at your own risk.
- We take your privacy seriously.
- Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
- All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings if you wish to do so.
- bePilates will never sell, trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organisation.
- Information published on this website is provided for the use of bePilates’ visitors.
- Please be advised that although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur.
- Please be aware that bePilates may alter the information on its website from time to time.
- bePilates shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this website.
- bePilates does not warrant the information on this website in any way and in particular, no warranty is given that the website or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated.
- You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect.
- bePilates takes no responsibility for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
- Continuing to use our site implies that you agree to these terms.