t&cs: privacy and website use
Our privacy notice tells you what to expect when bePilates collects your personal information.
Our privacy notice does not cover any links within our site linking to other websites. Please read privacy statements on the other websites you visit to help you decide what information you want to share with them.
Personal data relates to any information, which can be used to identify you. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998, which will be replaced in May 2018 by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
what we collect
When you sign up for and use bePilates' services, sign up to our newsletter, send us an email or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us the information that we collect. That information may include your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, credit card information, as well as gender, occupation, location, purchase history and other demographic information regarding your health. By giving us this information, you consent to information being collected, used, disclosed and stored by us as described in this privacy notice.
We may require you to provide information to us in order to enter into and perform our contract(s) with you or to comply with our legal obligations. Except in these circumstances, your decision to provide personal information to me is generally voluntary and, where it is voluntary, you may choose to withhold and not provide personal information to me. If you choose not to provide certain information to me I may not be able to accomplish some of the purposes outlined in this policy.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16 . We do not offer any of our products or services directly to children.
sharing your data
- We may share your information to certain third parties, including:
- teachers hired to cover your lessons/services at our studio,
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity and for the assessment and collection of tax,
- our insurers and insurance brokers and their advisers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us, or
- third parties. We may share your information with third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and bePilates), or to protect our rights, property or safety of our other customers.
- You should be aware that, we reserve the right, if requested by police, regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, to share information concerning your activities whilst using our services or website.
processing your data
bePilates complies with obligations set out under the Data Protection Act/GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; storing and destroying it securely; not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information.
In relation to these transfers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. This may involve the use of data transfer agreements (standard contractual clauses) in the form approved by the European Commission or some other mechanism recognised by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred outside the EEA (such as the US Privacy Shield framework). https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
storing your data
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary given the purposes for which we collect and use that information. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce agreements.
If we collected your personal information in order to perform a service or performance of a contract, we will keep your personal information for 3 years from the date of the last service you requested or booked with us.
keeping it safe
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of what information is held.
it's your data
We will give you access to any information we hold about you within 30 days of any request for that information. You are entitled:
- to request access to your data,
- to correct or update your data,
- to delete your data,
- to restrict or object to how I use your data, and
- To move your data.
Please make your requests regarding the information we hold about you by contacting Dawne via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it is prohibited by law, I will remove your information from my servers at your request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update your data.
You are able to unsubscribe or withdraw consent about how we use your information at any time.
Information published on this website is provided for the use of bePilates’ visitors.
Please be advised that although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur.
- Please be aware that bePilates may alter the information on its website from time to time.
- bePilates shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this website.
- bePilates does not warrant the information on this website in any way and in particular, no warranty is given that the website or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated.
- You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect.
- bePilates takes no responsibility for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
- Continuing to use our site implies that you agree to these terms.