Terms and Conditions
bePilates schedules and terms are subject to change from time to time. We last updated this page on 30 April 2018. You can request a printed copy of these terms be sent to you electronically at any time.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace our terms, by posting updated terms on our website. Your continued use of our services/studio facilities after any such changes constitutes your acceptance of any new Terms and Conditions.
Booking Your Lessons
You can request your lesson via our booking request form.
Lessons are only confirmed once payment is received.
- We require 24hrs notice to cancel or reschedule your lesson.
- You are booking "our time" which means that you will only be able to book your lessons per studio/instructor availability.
- If you give us more than 24hrs notice to cancel or reschedule your lesson, it will be available to book at another date before it's expiry.
- If you neglect to give us more than 24hrs notice to cancel or reschedule your lesson, it will be treated as having been used whether or not you attend and you will not be entitled to a refund or to reschedule.
- Please do not come in to practice if you are un-well. It won't help you get better (plus working out when you have a cold or flu can sometimes prolong your symptoms and make you feel worse). We encourage you to cancel your lesson per our 24hr policy at the first instance of cold/flu to avoid being charged and if you are feeling better, just re-book!
- In case we have to deal with technical problems and poor Internet connection we reserve the right to cancel any internet lesson. We will contact you to let you know in advance when this occurs, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- If we have to cancel your lesson, for any reason (such as instructor illness or emergency), we will do our best to give you advance notice and in such instances, you will be able to re-book that lesson, with expiry date of that session be extended 14 days. It is your responsibility to make sure we have the best way to contact you to notify you of cancellations.
- If we experience any technical problems during your Internet Lesson, which will prevent us from continuing it, we reserve the right to rebook the lesson for another day. However, you will only be given the amount of time remaining from your interrupted lesson. For example: if your lesson got interrupted 20 mins after the start, you will only be given 30 mins for your next lesson.
- We cannot guarantee specific equipment will be available for your lesson. It is at our teachers' discretion, which equipment will provide you with the best workout to help you achieve your goals.
- We may increase our prices at any time. We will give you no less than 14 days notice of such increase by updating our website and notice in-studio.
- We may at any time, choose to withdraw a type of session, price option or promotion.
- Please note the expiration of your purchase. For the avoidance of doubt, unless otherwise noted, all purchases are valid for 3 months from their purchase date and must be used during that time. There are no extensions/refunds on any lessons purchased but not used before their expiration.
- All lessons can be booked per teacher availability and we will do our best to accommodate preferred lesson times but in some cases, this may not be possible (especially during peak times or holiday periods). You will not be entitled to any refund for any un-used lessons on your account. To avoid losing pre-purchased lessons, please book at time of purchase.
- You cannot transfer un-used lessons or bookings without our permission. Please, just ask us. Such permission will not be unreasonably withheld.
- No refunds or extensions will be given for expired lessons.
- No refunds will be given for any un-used portions of pre-paid package purchases. We are selling packages to you in good faith that you will complete them. To ensure you use your entire package before they expire, we ask that you book your lessons in advance.
You can request a refund for active lessons/services. We do not offer refunds on any lessons/services not used before their expiry.
Limitation of Liability
You will receive a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire (PAR-Q) and Informed Consent on your first visit to the studio, which you must complete before you can participate in any class, event, activity, course, workshop or other programme with bePilates or studio facilities. Using bePilates studio facilities and equipment, you hereby acknowledge on behalf of yourself, your heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns that there are certain, inherent risks and dangers when taking part in exercise. You acknowledge that you have voluntarily chosen to participate in a programme of physical exercise, and that the body's response to such exercise cannot always be predicted. You acknowledge that these risks cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries. You further acknowledge that the specific risks vary from activity to activity but range from (1) minor injuries such as scratches, bruises and sprains; (2) minor injuries such as eye injury or loss of sight, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, concussions; and (3) catastrophic injuries including paralysis and death. You acknowledge that bePilates strongly recommends that you consult with your physician prior to commencing your practice with us and failure to do so, is your responsibility. You will notify us as soon as possible if there are any changes to your physical condition and complete an updated PAR-Q. Failure to notify us of any changes to your condition that may put you at risk of injury is your responsibility. At all times, you will comply with all stated customary terms, posted safety signs and verbal rules given to you by instructors and staff. In consideration of being allowed to participate in and access the bePilates studio facilities, you hereby (1) agree to assume full responsibility for any and all injuries or damage which are sustained or aggravated by you in relation to the bePilates classes and studio facilities, (2) release, indemnify and hold harmless bePilates and their respective members, employees, representatives and agents and each of their respective successors and assigns and all others, from any and all responsibility, claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages, and liabilities to the fullest extent allowed by law arising out of or in any way related to participation in bePilates classes or use of bePilates studio facilities, and (3) represent that you (a) have no medical or physical condition that would prevent you from properly using any of bePilates classes and studio facilities, (b) do not have a physical or mental condition that would put you in any physical or medical danger and (c) have not been instructed by a physician no to participate in physical exercise. You acknowledge that if you have any chronic disabilities or conditions, you are at risk in participating in bePilates classes and/or using studio facilities and do so at your own risk.
Our privacy notice tells you what to expect when bePilates collects your personal information.
Our privacy notice does not cover any links within our site linking to other websites. Please read privacy statements on the other websites you visit to help you decide what information you want to share with them.
Personal data relates to any information, which can be used to identify you. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998, which will be replaced in May 2018 by General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
what we collect
When you sign up for and use bePilates' services, sign up to our newsletter, send us an email or communicate with us in any way, you are voluntarily giving us the information that we collect. That information may include your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, credit card information, as well as gender, occupation, location, purchase history and other demographic information regarding your health. By giving us this information, you consent to information being collected, used, disclosed and stored by us as described in this privacy notice.
We may require you to provide information to us in order to enter into and perform our contract(s) with you or to comply with our legal obligations. Except in these circumstances, your decision to provide personal information to me is generally voluntary and, where it is voluntary, you may choose to withhold and not provide personal information to me. If you choose not to provide certain information to me I may not be able to accomplish some of the purposes outlined in this policy.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16 . We do not offer any of our products or services directly to children.
sharing your data
- We may share your information to certain third parties, including:
- other teachers hired to cover your lessons/services at our studio,
- external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity and for the assessment and collection of tax,
- our insurers and insurance brokers and their advisers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us, or
- third parties. We may share your information with third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply the agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and bePilates), or to protect our rights, property or safety of our other customers.
- You should be aware that, we reserve the right, if requested by police, regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities, to share information concerning your activities whilst using our services or website.
processing your data
bePilates complies with obligations set out under the Data Protection Act/GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; storing and destroying it securely; not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
In relation to the above uses of your personal information and the above sharing arrangements, your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information.
In relation to these transfers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. This may involve the use of data transfer agreements (standard contractual clauses) in the form approved by the European Commission or some other mechanism recognised by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data transferred outside the EEA (such as the US Privacy Shield framework). https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
storing your data
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary given the purposes for which we collect and use that information. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce agreements.
If we collected your personal information in order to perform a service or performance of a contract, we will keep your personal information for 3 years from the date of the last service you requested or booked with us.
keeping it safe
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of what information is held.
it's your data
We will give you access to any information we hold about you within 30 days of any request for that information. You are entitled:
- to request access to your data,
- to correct or update your data,
- to delete your data,
- to restrict or object to how I use your data, and
- To move your data.
Please make your requests regarding the information we hold about you by contacting Dawne via e-mail: email@example.com. Unless it is prohibited by law, I will remove your information from my servers at your request. There is no charge for an individual to access or update your data.
You are able to unsubscribe or withdraw consent about how we use your information at any time.
Information published on this website is provided for the use of bePilates’ visitors.
- Please be advised that although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur.
- Please be aware that bePilates may alter the information on its website from time to time.
- bePilates shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of the information on this website.
- bePilates does not warrant the information on this website in any way and in particular, no warranty is given that the website or its contents or hypertext links are virus free or uncontaminated.
- You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect.
- bePilates takes no responsibility for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
- Continuing to use our site implies that you agree to these terms.